“White privilege is an absence of the consequences of racism. An absence of structural discrimination, an absence of your race being viewed as a problem first and foremost.” –Reni Eddo-Lodge
Read ‘White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack; by Peggy McIntosh’.
Watch Kyla Jeneé’s poem ‘White Privilege’ (disclaimer: contains some swearing).
- Romans 2:11
- James 2:8-9
- 1 Timothy 6:17-19
- How would you define privilege? Do you find Reni Eddo-Lodge’s definition helpful?
- Which of the daily effects of white privilege do you relate to most from Peggy McIntosh’s article?
- Which lines stuck out to you from Kyla Jeneé’s poem?
- What do Romans 2: 11 and James 2: 8-9 tell us partiality?
- What does 1 Timothy 6: 17-19 tell us about how we should use our privilege?