All the studies this term cover quite long passages, so there probably won’t be time to cover everything in detail, and you need rather to help people grasp the bigger picture and get the main points (and then give time to thinking about application).
- This chapter brings a wonderful message of comfort. From vv.1-9 you could ask people to say what this message of comfort is. And how do these verses bring comfort to us today?
- Verse 9 ends “Here is your God!”. What do vv.10, 11 tell us about what our God is like?
- In vv.12-26 the repeated question is “To whom will you compare me?” How is the fact of God’s incomparable greatness brought home? How do idols compare? How do we compare?
- Why did God’s people then feel as they did in verse 27? How are we sometimes tempted to feel the same?
- How does God answer their complaint?
- What do you think is the application of this chapter to us today?
- Which verse or truth would you particularly like to keep hold of as a result of this study?